[NSRCA-discussion] WAY OFF TOPIC: comic relief

John Ferrell jferrell13 at triad.rr.com
Thu Oct 21 08:22:01 AKDT 2010

Wow! You have forced a reality check on me....
I am considering contacting him.
The problem is that my cataracts are limiting my flying but don't
measure bad enough qualify for insurance coverage. I have sort of made
it a personal rule of no more buying unless I am confident the disasters
can be contained.The last two times out I have dinged a Prophecy and a
Kaos.. on landing.

The Runaround with an OS 91(4 stroke) installed is incredibly gentle and
at the same  time tough and agile. It certainly is not a limiting factor
for my current flying skills. All I ever wanted when I started flying
pattern was to fly like Bob Richards flew his Run Around..

I have a 90 size Boxer but I am holding back putting it at risk in hopes
of better health in the future.

As health issues go, mine are better than a lot the other guys. I am
still walking, driving and living without unexpected problems. I hope to
make it to the Green Sea Contest next week, but without an airplane.

John Ferrell W8CCW

"The same prudence which in private life would forbid our paying our own
money for unexplained projects, forbids it in the dispensation of the
public moneys." --Thomas Jefferson