[NSRCA-discussion] Control surface/linkage setup

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 24 09:10:25 AKST 2010

Jim you are absolutely right on with this advise. I've been surprised with
unequal travel more than once even though the pushrod to servo arm and
pushrod to hinge angles were both 90 degrees, especially on ailerons whey
rotate on different plains.
Bottom line is be prepared to change the servo arms during bench setup or
just tweak the TX settings, but I'm kind of old school and like to get as
close as I can adjusting the linkage first.
I've also noticed that changing aileron endpoint settings equal amounts
often results in unequal travel and I always use a deflection indicator.
Jim