[NSRCA-discussion] My experience with the AMA TFR NOTAM notification

John Konneker jlkonn at hotmail.com
Thu May 27 07:52:17 AKDT 2010

I signed up some time ago.
There aren't any clubs nearby that I belong to so all AMA had was my
house address.
A few weeks ago the president visited the area, including Mt Pleasant believe it or not.
The TFR area was kind of rolling as he traveled from east to west.  In our case it didn't
cover everywhere he was every day.  To my surprise I got the notification from AMA.
It was a beautiful day and where I fly is about 2 miles off paved road thru rolling country.
I saved flying for another day.
:-)
Anyway, the AMA thing works very well.
Worth signing up for.