[NSRCA-discussion] Servicing Servos

Tony tony at radiosouthrc.com
Mon May 17 10:18:13 AKDT 2010

The electrics are much easier on pots, but there are other issues.  I once
had a customer that had two of his own design F3A models.  All wood.  One
model would get about 150 flights and the other would wear out aileron pots
in about 30 flights.  Long story, but the bottom line was that the only
difference between the models was the position of the aileron servos.  On
model had the servos very close to the end of the wing tube and that was the
one that had the short life on the pots.  We had to conclude that some
harmonics due to the tube was causing the issue.  He later moved the
location to where the other models' aileron servos were, and the problem
went away.

Tony Stillman, President

Radio South, Inc.

139 Altama Connector, Box 322