[NSRCA-discussion] World Models Carbon Fiber Spinners

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Tue May 11 11:47:05 AKDT 2010

I have 76 mm and 89 mm carbon fiber spinners from World Models that I
think would be of interest to a large group of pilots.  The 89 mm
spinner comes with the electric version of the World Models Impulse
XP, but only the 76 mm spinner shows up on the World Models web site
(http://www.theworldmodels.com/para/products/accessoriesdetail.php?
id=6&subcat=66)

The cone on the 76 mm spinner is carbon fiber and the backplate is
light weight aluminum.  The cone on the 89 mm spinner is carbon
fiber, but the backplate is plastic. .The spinners are attached with
a bolt through the center of the front of the cone, like Tru Turn
spinners.

They are of superior quality and very low priced, a surprising
combination.  They look very much like the carbon fiber spinners
which come with CA Models ARFs, but the CA Models ones cost more than
$60.  I can sell the 76 mm World Models carbon fiber spinners for
under $25

I asked the U.S. distributor (AirBorne Models) what sizes are
available and the sales rep, Steve Ruba, asked me what sizes I
thought would be popular.

Now it's your turn.  If a good low priced carbon fiber spinner was
available, what sizes would be of interest to you?

Ron Van Putte