[NSRCA-discussion] Batteries again

Dave DaveL322 at comcast.net
Tue May 4 16:21:36 AKDT 2010

Regarding TP PL V1 vs TP PL V2.

Prior to the V2s....I used my V1s for about 120 competition flights.....at
which point the power was still fine, but they would get to 140F in
summertime temps.  Older packs are much more valueable to when used for
another 30-50 shorter practice flights (on specific maneuvers), compared to
another 10-20 flights of full sequences (which I'd estimate might puff a
cell).

My oldest V2 is now 185 flights...and was competition grade for me up to
about 170 flights.  I am still using it for full flights if the ambient temp
is <70F, but with the heat of summer arriving, it will be relegated shortly
to practice flights of reduced flight time.

Regards,

Dave Lockhart
Team Horizon / Thunder Power