[NSRCA-discussion] curious

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Tue Mar 23 08:41:41 AKDT 2010

Atwood, Mark wrote:

> Figures I'd end up with a more complicated one to learn on.  I have an
> Escape as my first F3J plane and it's a 6 servo wing.
>

> At the end of the day I'd be curious to know if anyone can really
> "feel" the difference that is being discussed here on any of the radio
> systems.   Slow latency is one thing, but this channel group delay is
> extremely small...hard for me to believe it's noticeable for 99.9999%
> of uses, and of the remaining 1 in a million use cases, how many
> people have the skill to detect it?

On the Escape you want to get the two ailerons on each wing half working
close together. The flaps are less of an issue as far as "synching" with
the aileron. If using aileron to flap mixing (flaperons) you are not
going to have as much flaperon throw as aileron in the first place so
any mismatches are irrelevant. On a 14MZ I would put all 4 aileron
servos in one group, both flap servos in a second group along with
rudder and elevator. But even then it would not make much of a difference.

The only time I worry about the grouping is if I am going to have two or
more servos attached to the same surface, or on surface that really need
to act in unison like split elevators. If you notice any trim issues due
to the grouping or even system latency on a F3J/TD plane then you are a
pretty special guy. I hnag around some of the better soaring pilots in
the US and the world and this is not a common topic of discussion.