[NSRCA-discussion] curious

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Mon Mar 22 14:13:32 AKDT 2010

Atwood, Mark wrote:

> This will end up being somewhat of a shameless plug, but when we were
> involved in discussing features of the new Airtronics radio (SD-10G),
> this issues of grouping channels was a BIG deal to the glider guys.  T

Honestly it is not that big of a deal. On a glider while we have 6
servos (most competitive planes) they are used for flap (2), ailerons
(2) rudder and elevator. So a group of 4 is more than adequate since
even in a worse case the wing servos you want to have as little
difference as possible, but I cannot ever recall any glider guy I know,
including most of the Airtronics sponsored glider pilots, ever even talk
about that. Trust me, I fly with these guys all the time and if they
could rub my nose in something, they would (Airtronics guys are just
so.... well, you know!!) :~}

Now the IMAC/giant scale/3D guys it is a HUGE deal. With 2 to 3 servos
per surface and so on, the more channels grouped the better. And in that
world channel grouping is a very hot topic of conversation.