[NSRCA-discussion] Helpful tip - The pin vise!

Michael Cohen precisionaero at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 7 12:25:40 AKST 2010

I have been "building" my first pattern airplane, a CARF Integral, and I have found a good use for a pin vise I thought I would share.  These thin skin composite aircraft make using a drill overkill, but a dremmel also tears the daylights out of everything too.  So, since the shafts of the routing bits, sanding bits, etc.. are small enough to fit in the pin vise, I have been using that to route out holes, slotting the skins for the control horns, etc... by hand with much better and cleaner results.  Just thought I would pass this on.

Mike C

D4