[NSRCA-discussion] Max volts

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Mon Mar 1 12:51:18 AKST 2010

LOL.  My electronics teacher did something like that to me. Gave me a "mystery" device and told me to ohm it out. It ended up being a coil that was probably rated in Henrys (not mH). Tested it with an old VTVOM. Held the leads together with my fingers, got my resistance reading, and when I disconnected the meter leads the flyback effect shocked the snot out of me. I looked up at the teacher and he was laughing. :-)

Bob R.

--- On Mon, 3/1/10, Jay Marshall <lightfoot at sc.rr.com> wrote:

I once was told that DC wouldn’t go through a transformer so I got a 100:1 transformer and told the person to “hold these wires” and then connected a battery to it.
His mind is still messed up…..