[NSRCA-discussion] Max volts

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 10:39:39 AKST 2010

Yeah, it's the change in the current in the primary winding that cause a change in the magnetic flux density.  As that happens, a voltage is induced in the secondary winding due to the wire in that winding cutting through the varying lines of magnetic force as they collapse (in Bill's example). Works the same whether it's increasing or decreasing, just the polarity of the induced voltage varies.  There's more to it than that, but that's the general idea.