[NSRCA-discussion] S.bus

Phil Spelt chuenkan at comcast.net
Fri Jul 9 07:50:59 AKDT 2010

As a Psychologist, I agree with you, Bill.  As an R/C pattern jockey,
I will only point out that the electronic latency is ADDED TO the
wet-ware latency...

Thus, your last statement is true, indeed!

At 11:19 AM 7/9/2010, you wrote:
>I am amused by discussions about latency. We have long discussions
>about the perceived advantages of single digit differences in system
>latency while ignoring the fact that the average human reaction time
>(call it organic latency) is around 250 milliseconds.
>
>I guess you can argue that since we are inherently so slow we need
>all the electronic help we can get!!
>

>Jon Lowe wrote:
>>There is a great article on latency here:
>>
>><http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/what_is_latency.shtml>http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/what_is_latency.shtml
>>
>>A lot of people are hung up on transmitter/receiver latency
>>numbers, and don't see the whole picture.  This gives as good a
>>fact based write up as any I've seen.
>>
>>Jon Lowe

-->There are only two types of aircraft -- fighters and targets.

Phil Spelt, Past President, Knox County Radio Control Society, Inc.