[NSRCA-discussion] S.bus

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Fri Jul 9 07:28:46 AKDT 2010

There's a huge difference though between reaction time and another delay in the response to that reaction.  Yes, it takes a quarter of a second for us to react, but if I then need to wait another quarter of a second for my reaction to take effect, that's significant.  So yes, latency is an issue.   Below 15 or 20 ms, it's probably not perceptible, but 50 -100 certainly is.    You wouldn't want a 250ms delay in your brakes when you're trying to avoid hitting something, because you're correct in that you already wasted 250ms starting your movement.

Mark Atwood
Paragon Consulting, Inc.  |  President
5885 Landerbrook Drive Suite 130, Cleveland Ohio, 44124