[NSRCA-discussion] DZ160/170 check valve

Dave Harmon k6xyz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 5 16:43:25 AKDT 2010

I just went through this same thing this afternoon.

The top half of the check valve unscrews..hold the fuel nipple and unscrew
the top.

There is a diaphragm in the top and a plunger and spring on the back side if
the diaphragm.

Check it for trash and ensure that it works freely.

Look into the hole of the other half and make sure nothing is down in
there.you can back flush the injector tube by pressurizing the intake tube
when the engine is at TDC.

The air and whatever else may be in there will blow out the top of the
injector tube.

If there is something wrong with the top part of the check valve you can buy
a new valve and just replace the top parts leaving the main housing still
attached to the engine.

The main part of the valve is a one-time use part..if you remove it.you have
to replace it with a new part.

If you have another engine with an injector check valve you can swap the top
parts and see wha' happens.

Regards

Dave Harmon
NSRCA 586