[NSRCA-discussion] Firewall Material

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 28 09:30:23 AKST 2010

I will add the reason I used polyurethane glue is it expands to fill all the voids.  End grain balsa will suck up a lot of epoxy or aphilatic resin. The resulting structure is very strong, light, and "low tech".

In my case, the Hyde mount spread the load out enough on the front side of the firewall so no extra reinforcement was necessary.  I added 3/32 plywood disks approx 5/8" diameter to act as a hard points for the blind nuts. These were simply glued to the 1/64 plywood on the backside of the firewall.

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com