[NSRCA-discussion] Winter break

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Wed Jan 27 06:14:18 AKST 2010

In northeast FLA, there is Gateway RC field that is public...no membership required. About 20 mi northwest of Jacksonville, it is a great flying site, paved runway, pits and taxi ways, with a large pavilion and full facilities, power and phone service. It has a bunch of motels and restaurants nearby since it is around 10 miles away from the JaxPort. It also is only 25 miles or so from the Atlantic. Historic StAugustine is 60 miles south.

And if you like to golf, (yeah, I know, why take time away from flying?) this is golf Mecca. The World Golf Village is about 45 miles to the south on the way to St. Augustine (or Daytona, take your pick). There are probably 70 courses to choose from

WAS my home field for 17 years....sigh!!! Then the job yanked me away to Nu Joisey....but I am going back to retire

MattK