[NSRCA-discussion] D4/D5 Shootout

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 16 03:02:12 AKST 2010

 Ron guys your not the only conflict.
 We are scheduled to have the Bud Weber Memorial that weekend in Milwaukee.
 I'm sure that Bobby and Dave Johnstone our reps are aware of the conflicts.
 Were meeting here for lunch today and we will see what the guys are thinking about it.
 My opinion is the Shootout has been deteriorating over the past few years as far as D5 participation. I know I've tried everything to get more D5 guys to come and have become frustrated with the low participation. Maybe it needed a shakeup anyway and this is an opportunity to start a new tradition. I don't know what that is but it's worth discussing. Any ideas of an alternative contest?
 One suggestion is to use a different venue each year as the designated location with them rotating between the 2 districts.
 Say Peoria one year and the next Toledo. The venues have to be near the borders.
 I'm sure there is a solution. It just might mean giving up Muncie.
 As far as Muncie goes I'd like to consider a NSRCA warm up weekend in late May. It would be an organized practice/Training event. Open to everyone and free. It's an idea...
 Thanks, Mike