[NSRCA-discussion] Weight limit in AMA classes

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Fri Jan 1 19:22:46 AKST 2010

Let's get something straight...It's an SAP 180 and has power like no other gas engine in this class. Better than the 140 glow 2 strokes available and practically on par with the webra 160. Better than the YS 140 and 160. The YS 170 is the only one slightly ahead. By the time we get done with ringing the beastie out, I am not certain that the YS will still have the edge

You must have missed one major point of the thread...the weight of this engine including ignition module is around 35 ozs. The soft mount I made for it is lighter than typical at 2 ozs. In my set-up I don't use a second battery and switch....so there is no weight penalty for that. I think most people will make weight easily with this gas engine. My plane for example will come in at under 10 lbs with this engine in it

Let's not go through the semi monthly weight limit discussion so quickly. We still have two months to go before we need to start it again

MattK