[NSRCA-discussion] Integral Landing gear

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Thu Feb 25 21:28:34 AKST 2010

John,
With the stab at 0, make the wing .5 positive, reduce the down thrust to .5
down, and ADD 1/32 right thrust. I'm currently finishing my third one and
got it right on the second one. Now I'm just duplicating it. Actually, the
first one flew great but needed some mixing. With the settings I just gave
you, it'll track straight forever on either knife edge with no mix. The
extra right thrust was to eliminate a slight left drift at the top of tall
verticals. I left the stab at the factory position and called that 0. Your
wing will actually be slightly negative to that so you'll need to increase
the incidence to .5. The nose ring has a little over 2 degrees down so
you'll need to remove 1.5 degrees from that. Can't help on the gear, I used
Bolly F3A Longs. BTW, set the CG at the LE of the wing tube or just a little
rearward of that, like 1/8" or so. Hope this helps.

Verne Koester