[NSRCA-discussion] Integral Landing gear

John Gayer jgghome at comcast.net
Thu Feb 25 20:38:54 AKST 2010

The landing gear legs I received with my Integral weigh 6 ounces and are
very rigid as well. I noticed that when Jason listed the weights of the
components on RC Universe that the gear legs were listed at 3.2 ounces
which is a substantial difference.
This will be powered by a YS 170. I haven't checked yet but I intend to
add adjusters if necessary to achieve stab incidence of 0.0 degrees and
a wing incidence of +0.5 degrees.

 I have three questions that I would like to resolve before I get any
further along.

1. Is there a replacement gear that is lighter and in particular more
flexible?  Height of the gear should be about 8 inches.
2. Should the downthrust be reduced from the approximately 2 degrees
built into the nose ring to about 0.5 degrees down or ?
3. Should the sidethrust be reduced?

Would appreciate help from those of you who have already run into these
problems and found solutions that are working for you.

Thanks