[NSRCA-discussion] Which transmitter?

Dwayne Brown dwaynenancy at suddenlink.net
Fri Dec 24 11:05:04 AKST 2010

Thanks, Dwayne

-----Original Message-----
From: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org
[mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of Verne Koester
Sent: Friday, December 24, 2010 1:59 PM
To: 'General pattern discussion'
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Which transmitter?

As someone else pointed out, the conditions toward the bottom of the list
takes precedence over anything above it on the list. The condition select
screen allows you to move your various conditions around on the priority
list. The final test to show yourself it's working is to turn on a flight
condition. On the main screen, you'll see what condition you're in. Now,
without turning off that condition, flip the switch on a condition that's
lower on the list and see if that shows on the main screen. You'll see that
the higher priority (lower on the list) condition has superseded the other
condition you had turned on. When you turn off the condition you just turned
on, you'll now see that it's gone back to the original condition you had
turned on. When all the conditions are shut off, it goes back to the default
condition which is first on the list and therefore the lowest priority
condition. I'd suggest you use meaningful names for your conditions like
"snap", "spin", "flight", "normal", etc. That way you have no doubt what you
programmed any given condition for.

My radio starts off in "normal" which activates my controller and has
reduced rudder for takeoff. As soon as I lift off, I hit the switch that
activated retracts in the old days. That's my "flight" condition which is
where I'm at for most of my flight. The "flight" condition activates my
countdown timer, puts my rudder back to full throw, and bumps up the
throttle trim a little for stalls, etc. The "flight" condition is the one I
generally copy when creating a new condition because it has the base expo
and throw rates that work for me 90% of the time. The advantage is that I'll
have less adjustments to make when I'm creating a new condition for snaps,
spins, or whatever. Obviously, you'd only want to create a condition if you
actually need it for a particular maneuver. If your plane snaps great in
your "flight" condition, there's no need to have a snap condition and that's
one less switch to turn on and off during your flight.

Verne