[NSRCA-discussion] Charger

Mike Moritko mkmsg at cox.net
Mon Dec 6 17:16:26 AKST 2010

I can't believe no one in the pattern community has been mentioning the FMA
PowerLab 8....same folks that make the CellPro 10S.  I have two PowerLab 8
chargers.  They can run on either 12 or 24 volts and on a hefty 24 volt
supply, will put out 1340 watts.  I typically charge my TP5300 ProLites in
under 15 minutes.  The PowerLab 8 will charge at up to 40 amps as long as
your power supply is adequate.  The charger will handle all battery types we
use in pattern.  With pattern packs, you need to place each of the two 5S
packs in parallel for charging, and then in series for flying.  Its firmware
is upgradeable via the Internet and there's a very easy to use software
interface for configuring the charger and establishing charging presets.
You might give it a look and see if it meets your needs.

Mike