[NSRCA-discussion] Scary night of flying

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sun Aug 22 08:41:19 AKDT 2010

Nicads can be fast charged.  The best charger for nicads that I've
used is the FMA Super Nova.  It has an algorithm which looks at the
rate of change of voltage in the "automatic" mode.  If the rate of
change of battery voltage is positive, the charger ramps up the
charge rate; if the rate of change of voltage is negative, it reduces
the charge current.  It was kind of scary at first to watch it do its
thing, because the charge current can get pretty high.  However,
that's the sign of a healthy battery.  When the charge rate doesn't
go up much, or not at all, it's time to put the battery in the
trash.  Too bad Fred Marks' sons, who took over the business from
Fred, are such bozos, or I'd still be doing business with them and
selling the Super Nova charger.

Ron