[NSRCA-discussion] unknowns

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 26 18:35:39 AKDT 2009

Jim:
Most of the current F3M sequence works pretty well.  I need a better 3 blader on this thing to get the vertical penetration where it needs to be.  Probably will pick up a Mezjlik 28.5x12x3. I'm flying it at a fairly slow pace and still getting used to how the old Carden lumbers through snaps compared to a pattern bird.  Once I get its snap behavior back in my head, and sort out that roller going from R-L, it will be fine.  When I turn the sequence around and do the roller L-R it works out fine, but I can't get the wind to cooperate lately.  It's just surface rust, I've not been practicing rollers in any meaningful way for a long time now.  I'm also constrained by the local field boundaries so keeping the roller in tight and looking like anything reasonable is a challenge too.

What's the word on a new sequence for 2010?

Ed