[NSRCA-discussion] More Pattern vs IMAC

Stuart Chale schale at optonline.net
Thu Sep 24 05:58:44 AKDT 2009

I love the way the question I posed about adding an unkown to pattern
has morphed into multiple topics, currently world championship judging :)

One other nice idea that IMAC has implemented is in their contest
management software.  As a member of the web team I would love to see us
be able to do something similar (I have no idea what is involved).  I am
sure this feature brings a lot more use to their website than we get.
Like we have, all of their contests are listed from their website.
However you can sign up for any contest in a uniform manner.  Some of
our districts did or does have this feature but it is not uniformly
implemented.  You can also see who is registered for a contest, how many
people are going, how many in each class, etc.  Once the contest is
complete the scoring program that they use generates a report that gets
uploaded to the web as results for that contest.  This is a very
interesting feature.  Final results with round scores including dropped
rounds etc are posted.  If you click on your name or any pilot you will
see all of their individual scores for the contest.  No need to rummage
through scoring sheets to find yours.  You can see how you scored in
each maneuver through the contest or compared to other fliers.
An example of their contest results page.
http://www.mini-iac.com/Regions/NorthCentral/NCContestResults/tabid/101/Default.aspx

Stuart