[NSRCA-discussion] M

GEORGE KENNIE geobet4 at verizon.net
Wed Sep 23 09:13:25 AKDT 2009

I need a little help understanding the correct execution of the # 1 Maneuver in P-11.

The Aresti shows the model approaching from the left. As the first radius is completed and the model assumes a vertical track,
the requirement is to execute 3 points of a 4 point roll centered on the upline with the stall turn executed at the apex of the line.
Due to the fact that I like to present the canopy to the judges on the stall I will roll left on the upline (trust me, I can do it either way
and I realize there is no mandate, it's just my own aesthetic preference).
Now comes the sticky wicket,......on the down line I will be rolling to the right in preparation for the entry radius into the integrated
1/2 outside. The fact that the 1/4 roll was also centered on the downline will display that outside preparation position for the 1/2
duration of the downline. My question is: .........as I enter the bottom radius and start my roll, is there a roll direction requirement?
If I roll LEFT (which will present the canopy) the judges could easily become confused and think that I'm doing an inside 1/2 loop
at the bottom, which is really not the case as I had to push to initiate the 1/2 loop. If I roll to the RIGHT the last 1/2 of the loop looks
like an inside 1/2 loop. So, I guess my basic question is, am I free to roll according to my whim?

I was unable to find any written FAI maneuver descriptions on our site. Is there a link that I'm missing?

Thanks Guys,

Georgie