[NSRCA-discussion] Electric props vs. standard pattern

Dave Burton burtona at atmc.net
Mon Sep 7 19:04:43 AKDT 2009

Why are we using the Electric style APC props on electric powered pattern
planes rather than the standard pattern props? We are turning the electric
motors at comparable RPMs to a glow engine. The standard pattern props are
stiffer and should be more efficient it seems to me. I can understand a
little weight savings if needed but is that the only reason for using the
E-props? What am I missing? Anyone compared similar E and standard props in
the same sizes? What results did you find?
Dave Burton