[NSRCA-discussion] Airplane trailers

Troy Newman troy at troynewman.net
Fri Sep 4 19:33:36 AKDT 2009

Mike,

Go to the trailer dealers....

PACE, Featherlite and so on.

They can build you a custom trailer to your height needs. Basically the
same 6 x 10ft but have it say 65" tall. They build these anyway and can
customize to your needs. Normal trailers don't fit in normal garage
doors. They are usually too tall.

But you can measure it up and they can make one for you.  In most cases
the cost to customize is minimal from ordering a trailer. Of course it
can be a little more money than buying one they have sitting on the
lot.....

If you are going to travel, not just 10miles to the field and back, you
will benefit and wish you had...V nose for better gas mileage and a
little extra storage up front. Real Trailer radial tires for some reason
they always put crappy tires on the trailers...You need good radial
tires. And last but not least a side door at the front. It will benefit
you loading and unloading as well as when you leave the models in the
trailer to get at the stuff stored up front like a generator, fuel,
cooler, chairs, EZ up, and other needed items.

Troy