[NSRCA-discussion] Speaking of the 2011 Worlds at Muncie . . . . .

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Wed Sep 2 12:47:53 AKDT 2009

I think we need to be careful changing the Nat's dates.  It's been in mid July for the 20 years that I've been flying Pattern.  Moving it has some significant impact.   Those that regularly attend plan most of their summer around it.  Contests all over the country plan around it.

I partially agree with Doug that we need to put some emphasis on the WC, but not to the complete detriment of the rest of the pattern community.  Keeping our schedule and our Nats allows all the other competitors to have a "normal" year with the added bonus of being able to attend the WC if their time and budget allows.  If we completely disrupt everything, you may find that you not only have a horrible turn out at the Nats, but some resentment towards helping out at the WC too, and that I would certainly hate to see.

Having them back to back almost forces people to pick one or the other.