[NSRCA-discussion] Rules proposal 11-6 question

Phil Spelt chuenkan at comcast.net
Tue Oct 20 15:23:13 AKDT 2009

In 1991, I was flying a plane with an Enya .61 GearPump with a
Soundmaster "Muffler" and turning a 3-blade prop which sounded off @
89dB at 9 ft.  It was extremely competitive -- MUCH more than I was... :-)

I also had a YS .61 short-stroke which did the same...

At 05:57 PM 10/20/2009, you wrote:

>boundary="_000_99B8EFCA36A5724F87FF3C71B431D87216DB45B4E3PEVM01paragon_"
>
>I recall everyone flying YS 61 short strokes JUST prior to
>turnaround being moved into all the classes, with full tuned pipes.
>Soft mounts weren't really in vogue yet, though I recall
>Chip/Klein/McConville all semi-soft mounting their firewalls with
>silicone without the firewall actually touching the sides of the fuse.
>
>Noise wasn't too bad, but I do remember flying a LOOOOOONG way out
>to turn around and coming into a maneuver from a mile out at 135mph.
>

>Mark Atwood
>Paragon Consulting, Inc.  |  President
>5885 Landerbrook Drive Suite 130, Cleveland Ohio, 44124
>Phone: 440.684.3101 x102  |  Fax: 440.684.3102
><mailto:mark.atwood at paragon-inc.com>mark.atwood at paragon-inc.com  |
>www.paragon-inc.com

-->There are only two types of aircraft -- fighters and targets.

Phil Spelt, Webmaster & Past President, Knox County Radio Control Society, Inc.