[NSRCA-discussion] Rules proposal 11-6 question

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Mon Oct 19 08:37:27 AKDT 2009

Hmmm, maybe we should have "instant replay" for the judges. :->

--- On Mon, 10/19/09, Bill Glaze <billglaze at bellsouth.net> wrote:

Lance:
Not to cloud the issue, but to (probably) confirm your suggestion, I well remember attending and observing the 2003 Team Selection at Triple Tree.  I saw some snaps that had me thinking, "boy, are these neat.  How do they ever get them stopped in time, how do they apply their own timing to do it so precisely, etc. etc."  So, I began taping them with ny video camera.
When I got home, the tape showed at 10x something I had not discerned with my naked eye, (at 1x.)  It developed that these "snaps" in many cases, showed no break at all.  Just simple, very, very swift aileron rolls about the X axis.  But, with the naked eye, they sure looked like snaps.  Up until that time, I felt that I could accurately judge a snap roll by the "break."  Now, I'm not so sure.  And, I never heard of one of these pilots being zeroed for "No break."  If they were, nobody said so.
Bill Glaze