[NSRCA-discussion] Electric Altair 200 For Sale

Daniel Sim daniel at eternalminds.com
Mon Oct 19 08:05:15 AKDT 2009

To all fine RC pilots that appreciate precision and quality,

I am offering my competition electric F3A aircraft for sale. I am
selling this aircraft because of my commitments to flying RC helicopters
competitively for 2009 to 2010.
It has successfully competed at the 2008 F3A intercontinental
competition in Taiwan (CAOCC 2008) and is competition ready.
It's last flight was at the Singapore F3A nationals (Jul 2009) where it
performed the F09 very well despite being handicapped by the pilot.

You may view a collection of the Aircraft's photos here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/HeliDanielSim/F3AAltair200?authkey=Gv1sRgCLyn7srF4s_iOQ&feat=directlink

(The name and letterings on the aircraft are removable stickers.)

An online store selling the plane:
http://www.throttlestore.com/altair_200_f3a.aspx?lang=EN
(The photos of the electric Altair on the European store are pictures of
this Altair. Note the price of 2500euros for kit only.)

Here's a video of me flying the Altair 200:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZFtUzkq8eg

The Altair 200 is among the best F3A/aerobatic aircraft you can get
outside Japan. It's designed by the former Japanese World Champion - Mr
Naruke.

Specifications:
Hacker A60-22S (New in box!)
Castle HV85 custom F3A version (New in box!)
Castle BEC
APC 18x12WE Prop
Wingspan: 74.5in (1.89m)
Length: 78.6in (1.99m)
Weight: 4980g RTF (with 2 x 5s 5000mah 15C Zippy battery and 350mah TP
Prolite for the RX)

Servos:
2 x Fut9154 Ailerons
1 x Fut9551 Rudder
2 x Fut9650 Elevators

Other Specifications:
Completely fiberglass skinned composite airframe painted with automotive
paint and clear coated.
MK Ball-bearing control horns on elevator and ailerons (Rudder is Pull-Pull)
Titanium + carbon fiber push-rods for elevator and ailerons
Custom sliding carbon fiber + kevlar reinforced battery tray
Custom carbon fiber out-runner motor mount with rear ball bearing support

I have had around 60 excellent flights on it. Condition is good, expect
a few small dings and scratches here and there. There is a hairline
crack on the inner wall of the belly-pan which I repaired with a little
fiberglass cloth and CA. It was caused by my eagerness to lift the plane
out of my van and is nonstructural)

I expect the plane and electronics to be good for another 200 flights or
more. Electric planes have less wear and tear than nitro due to less
vibration.

The motor and ESC are new because the last motor and ESC broke down due
to faulty parts and got replaced by their respective manufacturers.

I'm asking 3000USD for the Altair as described, negotiable. Shipping
charges paid by the buyer. You may contact me at my email:
daniel at helidaniel.com or mobile +65 82011710

Thank you.