[NSRCA-discussion] basic judging question (warning 3 letter word)

Keith Black tkeithblack at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 19:25:31 AKDT 2009

I know the USA centric thinkers won't like this, but I think we should stay
consistent with the FAI descriptions of the maneuver. Like it or not RC
Aerobatics is not that big of a pond. Why in the AMA (all one or two hundred
of us active Pattern fliers) do we have to have our own definitions? Many
countries ONLY fly FAI. It's cool that the AMA has it's own classes,
sequences, even event rules, but why have our own maneuver descriptions?

Seems to me that we just create confusion for judges and pilots alike when
we have different maneuver descriptions from the rest of the world. If we
feel a description is poorly defined why not appeal to the FAI?

Keith Black