[NSRCA-discussion] New D4 Contest - ERCMAC to Host

Lisa n Larry lld613 at psci.net
Mon Nov 30 20:06:38 AKST 2009

All went well at the Evansville Radio Control Model Aircraft Club (ERCMAC)
meeting tonight.

Event Sanction will include 401, 402, 403, 404, and 406 (all AMA classes and
FAI).

The meeting seemed to be timed well, as it was also an election meeting for
the 2010 Club Officers. There were about 60 present out of the 142 active
members. The club sent out an e-mail notification that I was going to
present Pattern and ask for club support to host a Contest. I could not have
asked for a better turnout. I'm sure most were there for the election...vbg

I was allowed time to talk about Pattern and the NSRCA for about 20 minutes.
When all the questions were answered, a club member said, "Lets Do It",
which was followed by a unanimous applause. Very rewarding to see this
support in an area that pattern is really an unknown. I never got to ask for
a vote...LOL

Better news now the easy part is done. I had many members approach me during
breaks showing interest. You never know who will show up to a contest, but I
believe we will have about 4 or 5 minimum try their hand at Sportsman from
our club. I agreed to assist those interested in training and helping them
prepare for the contest over the next few months.

I contacted Dave Johnstone on Sunday (D4 VP). He will work with the D5 and
possibly D3 folks and I to find a date that fits well. Here are some links
for the club for those interested...

The ERCMAC website is:
http://www.evansvillercclub.com/index.htm

Here is a link to an impressive aerial picture taken during the 2004 AMA
Grand Event:
http://www.evansvillercclub.com/evvfield.jpg

I look forward to making this a great Pattern Contest.

I'll keep you posted...

Please feel free to call me or e-mail me...

Larry and Lisa Diamond
AMA 5024
NSRCA 3083
lld613 at psci.net