[NSRCA-discussion] Not bama now

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Nov 25 16:29:30 AKST 2009

I can tell you why I dropped out of the SPA:  The nostalgia was gone
once 0.91 4-strokes were permitted and the allowable 0.60 2-strokes
couldn't compete.

I feel qualified to comment on the SPA rules, since I was an SPA
member, one of its strongest supporters ((go look at the SPA web site
and see who wrote the Model Aviation report on the first SPA contest)
and i was "driven out" of SPA by the motor rule change.

BTW, go look at the currently acceptable Daddy Rabbit airplanes; I
saw one at the Orlando contest last December and almost didn't
recognize it.  That must be the "duck" rule alluded to by Scott.

Ron