[NSRCA-discussion] Alabama Bound

Phil Spelt chuenkan at comcast.net
Wed Nov 25 06:36:48 AKST 2009

Well, Guys,

I was preparing a response to Ron Van Putte, but
it appears this is not the venue for
that.  Everyone is free to choose with whom to
associate, and while we in SPA are sorry to have
lost the people who have chosen not to fly with
us, that was/is their choice.  If you check with
Jason Shulman, you might find a different perspective.

I won't go into the many discussions I have had
with fellow SPAers about the direction of AMA
pattern, as directed by the NSRCA -- but they are
frequent, and those of us having them choose not
to fly AMA pattern - but we don't publicly
criticize it, either.  I judged several rounds at
an AMA meet last season, and while I really like
the turn around part, the judging reinforced my decision to fly SPA, only.

BTW, if anyone is interested in some 2-meter
stuff (engines and airframes) you can email me
privately...it would be great stuff @ a
reasonable price for entry into 2-meter pattern, and up through Advanced.

At 10:23 AM 11/25/2009, you wrote:
>That’s the reason I quite SPA also

>4-cycles!!  There is not much challenge flying
>the old pattern with a overpowered (90 4c)
>engine.  That was what made it hard!  The
>scavenge-pot 60’s didn’t really have enough
>power, so you had to FLY the airplane
. If they
>are allowing 90 4c engines, why not allow ANY power plant!
>
>Tony Stillman, President
>Radio South, Inc.
>139 Altama Connector, Box 322
>Brunswick, GA  31525
>1-800-962-7802
>www.radiosouthrc.com

-->There are only two types of aircraft -- fighters and targets.

Phil Spelt, Past President, Knox County Radio Control Society, Inc.