[NSRCA-discussion] Rust on OS1.60 Crank

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Mon Nov 16 09:18:15 AKST 2009

I remove most of the rust from iron/steel items by using fine steel
wool and phosphoric acid (Osmose).  It causes a chemical reaction
with the rust (ferrous oxide) and converts it into an inert form
(ferrous sulphate).

BTW Osmose works well on the whitish/bluish powder/crystals which
form on some electrical connections.

Ron VP