[NSRCA-discussion] Homemade Wing Adjuster

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 10 10:47:28 AKST 2009

Hi all, for what it's worth.
Following the wing adjuster tube discussion prompts me to through this out.
I've used the gator adjusters, which work really well, but I never liked the
pin sticking out the side of fuselage.
I used a homemade adjuster on my 55 size airplane. See attached document and
photo. I liked how this worked out and will continue to use the design.
The 1/4" dowel protruding from the wing root is barely visible between the
fuselage side and brass tube threaded for the adjuster screw. A 1/4" dowel
ties both sides together preventing their rotation, maintaining alignment.
The dowel goes into the brass tube just beyond the 4-40 adjuster screws and
is hardened with CA after drilling and taping to create a friction fit. The
adjuster screw rotates in the plywood mount plate and is held snug with the
lock nut.
Jim Hiller
NSRCA 376
Spokane WA