[NSRCA-discussion] Wing adjusters - Alternates to Gator

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Tue Nov 10 07:47:13 AKST 2009

There are some differences between the WM adjusters and the Gators. For starters, the pin and tube are not exactly the same size as the Gator parts. Not a big deal if you're building a new plane but if you're trying to replace parts on an existing setup, you may need to make some mod's. Secondly, while the Gators use only 2 screws, the WM setup uses 4. This can become a problem on a thin wing section, especially at the trailing edge - you could end up seeing the mounting screws with the wings mounted if you install them in the conventional manner (recessed into the fuse side). Other than that the WM parts work fine. Just make sure you know how everything is going to come together before you start drilling and cutting. :)

John Pavlick