[NSRCA-discussion] CA Models Eclipse

Jerry Stebbins JAStebbins at worldnet.att.net
Fri Nov 6 08:10:19 AKST 2009

That depends on how you interpret the "Requirement". ALL batteries are
marketed and sold at their advertised cell voltage-not at their "fully
charged" peak value. That (fully charged) is what the interpretation value
someone has defined is based on. I am researching and find NO BASIS for the
value in the Rules. NEC and safety codes work more around 48v (rated battery
value) ie a car battery is a 12 volt battery -it so happens to nominally run
13.6v at full charge-. I am working on a potential rule change to set the
value somewhere (with justification) around 48plus volts and also based upon
advertised cell ratings-like all other batteries are sold.That would allow
new cell chemistries at comperable total wattage ratings, in the tent, and
leave some room for some others that are being worked on for vehicle use.

Jerry