[NSRCA-discussion] 12X Failure

Jon Lowe jonlowe at aol.com
Tue Nov 3 14:13:04 AKST 2009

I don't remove my pack either, but they still get loose.  I'm very
careful with my equipment, so abuse is not the answer.

Frankly, the double sided tape is not that great of an idea.  The pins
in the transmitter do not have a large engagement range with the
connector in the cassette to begin with.  All the tape does is move the
cassette out on the pins.  I think properly securing the door, and
adding something to squeeze the cassette in is a better way to do it.

My guess is Futaba 9Z had a better door latch arrangement than the 10x
and 12x.

Jon Lowe