[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba 14 MZ battery

Earl Haury ejhaury at comcast.net
Mon Nov 2 15:45:20 AKST 2009

MessageFWIW, I've disassembled an old Futaba pack & and old Sony pack (not a knock-off). The cells are identical, however each pack has a circuit board with a variety of componentry. The Sony board is much more complex and, presumably, provides info to the intended camera as to state of charge,etc. Don't know what the Futaba boards function is, possibly involved with charging. The surprise was that the board in the Sony pack was very sloppy - looked like something one might expect in a knock-off (even though the pack came in a Sony package) and not something I really want in my TX. The Futaba board was well made and high quality. As it's not practical to open these packs for a look without damage - I'll stay with the Futaba packs.

Earl