[NSRCA-discussion] Program for generating Aresti Sequences

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Sat May 23 07:26:10 AKDT 2009

Verne Koester wrote:

> There is no program. The finalists all go into a room with the FAI
> rulebook and take turns picking maneuvers. The closest thing to a
> program is the guy who records what they pick. There’s a catalog of
> unknown maneuvers in the sporting code along with the rules that must be
> followed putting an unknown together. It’s not too bad once you’ve done
> a few. A stick plane helps.

I'm pretty sure the program exists.

I think I saw the output from it when I was at the NATS
in 2007.

I believe the program was written by someone in coordination
with Dave Guerin, the NATS director.

He's the man to talk to.

It was a beautiful program.  Someone sat at the terminal
and entered the maneuvers as each one was picked.  A printout
was available within seconds of finishing the schedule.

I think I remember Dave saying how much he valued the program.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

					Marty