[NSRCA-discussion] Castle Phoenix 85HV help

Dave DaveL322 at comcast.net
Thu May 21 10:29:43 AKDT 2009

Incheol,

The fixed throttle curve is preferred for airplane use.  Change to fixed
throttle curve, and then adjust your throttle endpoints to get the correct
power settings.  On my X9303, I usually end up with about 80-83% on the high
(you want the red LED on the ESC to turn on just as the throttle stick gets
to full) and 50-53% on the low (which gives me low idle with the throttle
trim in the middle).  The exact numbers depend on number of cells, motor,
etc.

Some of the outrunners at high power levels like the 1.5x software best,
others are running fine on the 2.11 (ESCs made before June 2007) or 2.12
(ESCs made after June 2007).  The 2.xx software may yield a smoother start
and lower idle with some motors, and the brake is silent when it engages.

Regards,

Dave Lockhart, Team Castle

DaveL322 at comcast.net

  _____