[NSRCA-discussion] WRAP UP - Advancement

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Wed May 13 06:49:55 AKDT 2009

I agree completely.

No issue that it's currently in place and should be taken advantage of.  I would just like to see the rule changed when possible to eliminate the hoop jumping that has to be done now.  It's a burden, and a hit to self esteem to have to "petition" to fly in the lower class.  Easier to just quit...which is the problem.

And let's be honest, this isn't a daily problem, or we would have already addressed it.  But if it helps even a small few, then it will be a good thing.

We basically do it now with Masters and FAI.  I realize those are two different governing bodies, but there's no illusion that FAI isn't the next step above Masters.  We have no real problems with people moving between them at will.  I would like to see the same freedom for those who's skill and/or time has them "stuck" between Advanced and Masters...or between Intermediate and Advanced, etc.