[NSRCA-discussion] 12X question

Troy Newman troy at troynewman.net
Sat May 9 19:00:20 AKDT 2009

Don,

he needs to "mate the Elevs" instead of using a Pmix. Pmixing it that
way does not work like it used to....yes the function will work...but it
is not intended to be used that way.

When you mate them then you automatically get a multi-point mix using
the "balance" feature. Use the device select to inh the channel you
want. Then in wing type mate the Elev to the channel you INH

The balance feature gives you a 7pt curve in itself.  To make it easy to
adjust you need to have your rates to allow you to get out there on the
curve in the balance function points.

One thing I found with the balance feature. Leave one of your rates at
100% then you move the stick by 1/3 positions to adjust it. You can key
off the little white tick marks on the gimbal. But a better solution is
to set your D/R's at 33,66, and 100, Travel adjust is then set to 150%
on both sides for both servos......hold full up and flip the switch(3
points 50%100%150%)......These are the points on the curve. You adjust
the values it just doesn't show you an actual curve picture on the
screen. Its a table style format.

When we did this on the 10X with a curve mix you could look at the curve
mix and see the cursor position...The Balance feature doesn't show this
curve so you have to hold the stick in the right place to watch the
changes you are making. Its really easy  but will throw you for a loop
if you are not ready for it. The DR switch will put you exactly where
you need to be for each point.

Then the mixing will track to the second servo.....exactly all the time.

Oh by the way the balance feature adjusts the right servo to match the
left servo. That is if you plug the servos in according to the way the
radio renames them....Meaning the right side changes in the balance menu
the left side stays where Travel adjust and subtrim tell it to
be....This way there is no lag between channels as there is no master
and no slave...just a left and right servo. A note the right servo is
always in the normal channel for that function. Right elevator would be
the elevator channel. The left elevator would be your mated servo of
choice.  So if the right elevator can't throw far enough you have to
reduce the travel on the left elevator in ATV....The 7pt curve and the
fact the DSM 2 sends the signal to the two servos at the same time makes
it possible to dial it right in. Because of the DSM2 you don't have to
pair up the servo next to each other on the RX buss....in order to keep
the processing time to a minimum. You can have channel 12 be the 2nd
elevator or the LELEV and it will get its signal at the same time as the
regular channel #3 elevator servo. You can pick any servo 5-12 to be the
mated servo.

This radio has some features in it that make it better than the old
ways.  Reality is its way easy to adjust the 7curve curve in the balance
feature using the DR method I give above.

Troy Newman