[NSRCA-discussion] Advancement System

verne at twmi.rr.com verne at twmi.rr.com
Fri May 8 08:03:12 AKDT 2009

Steve,
I know exactly who you're referring to regarding the Masters pilot that dropped out. I tried to gently dissuade him from entering Masters because I knew he wasn't ready. When I was trying to talk him out of moving up, he said he had pointed out even though he hadn't won a contest in Advanced in at least two years. I told him he was probably the only guy in D4 that kept track of his points and nobody would even notice unless he started winning all the time. The year he dropped out, we had just started a new schedule with an inverted 4 point and I heard he crashed two Focus's with wrong rudder trying to learn it. Obviously, I didn't succeed and now he's gone. He was no casual competitor and was actually an NSRCA Associate VP awhile back as well as a CD of one of our annual D4 contests.

Verne