[NSRCA-discussion] Length of 2011 Masters Sequence

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Tue May 5 15:46:32 AKDT 2009

J N Hiller wrote:
> Judged takeoffs and landings don't take any longer if
What eliminating the judged take off/landing does is allows you to
launch the next pilot before the other guy lands. This way he can enter
the box sooner. We started using this technique in scale aerobatics and
it is a tremendous time saver. The next pilot launches just as the guy
in the box is starting his final figure. He flies off to the far end of
the box and makes a couple of orbits and is ready to enter the box very
quickly.

You would be astonished how much time it saves. Even the Basic pilots at
most IMAC contests have no issue with doing this. Just go off to the
side and out of the box until it is your turn. Again, shave 1 minute off
each and every pilot's flight time and it all adds up. And once at the
Advanced or Master's level are these two figures really that important
to demonstrate??

Again, I have no dog in this hunt, I am only passing along what I have
seen to work in scale aerobatics. I started doing this at my contests
and it literally can save hours of total time. But even if it is only
the Advanced and Master's pilots imagine taking 45 minutes or more off a
round of Master's.