[NSRCA-discussion] Length of 2011 Masters Sequence

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Tue May 5 10:46:27 AKDT 2009

John Ferrell wrote:
> Based on experience as site director at the Nats and CD at local
> contests I don't think the extra minute on the sequence is the
> problem. The FAI guys are being as professional as possible and seldom
> take their allotted time to take off. There a lot of guys flying
> Masters that you have to run down and wake up before they even start
> to get ready to fly.
I've run a few larger aerobatic contests (40 to 60 pilots) and I found
it is precisely those minutes that can kill you. Think about it. 35
pilots each taking 1 minute extra. 35 minutes per round times 4 or 5
rounds, and WOW you are talking about an extra 2 hours 20 minutes to
maybe 3 hours!! SO regardless of if it is in the sequence or on teh
ground, those pesky little minutes add up like mad!!