[NSRCA-discussion] Length of 2011 Masters Sequence

Gene Maurice gene.maurice at sgmservice.com
Tue May 5 07:27:10 AKDT 2009

Ron,

I concur.

I agree that there are a lot of Masters pilots for whom the FAI schedules
are not an issue and I can only assume the reason that they don't fly FAI is
because they also do not wish to compete at that level. While even lowly me
can do MOST of the maneuvers (not to be confused with doing them correctly),
a lot of the rolling / loop combinations would knock me out of Pattern all
together.

Over the past few cycles we've seen the Masters schedule get to the point
that the overall difficulty is similar to FAI and, for me personally,
difficult to do correctly, ie. the Hour Glass in the wind kicks my butt
badly.

I've been in pattern a long time and in the US we've always had Masters and
for most it is considered a "class below" FAI. The FAI schedule should be
different and something to aspire to, not be forced to fly.

As I've stated before, if I wanted to (or was capable of) flying FAI I'd fly
FAI. I don't wish to, nor am I capable of flying it, therefore I don't.

This is, of course, is IMHO and not intended to represent the opinion of
anyone else.

Gene Maurice
Plano, TX
AMA 3408 NSRCA 877